Full TimeVP, Marketing
The Walt Disney Studios | Burbank, CA, USA
Disney Music Group is home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing, Buena Vista Records, Marvel Music, Fox Music and Disney Concerts. The labels’ genre-spanning rosters include Queen (in the U.S.), Sofia Carson, ZZ Ward, Breaking Benjamin, Bea Miller, Sabrina Carpenter, Joywave, Olivia Holt, morgxn, Tini Stoessel, Dreamers, DCappella, JD McCrary, Adam Hambrick and more. DMG also releases family music and film and television soundtracks such as the chart-topping “Guardians of the Galaxy” “Beauty And The Beast,” “Descendants,” Oscar-winning “Coco” and “Moana” soundtracks, and the Oscar and Grammy-winning “Frozen” soundtrack. Recent releases include “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “The Lion King,” “Captain Marvel,” “Aladdin,” and “Toy Story 4.” Upcoming titles include the highly-anticipated “Frozen 2,” “Ford v Ferrari,” “Jojo Rabbit” and “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.” DMG has a rich catalog with a lasting legacy that has impacted pop culture globally, including music from films like “Snow White,” “Pinocchio” and “Star Wars,” artists like Annette Funicello, and beloved classics like “It’s A Small World.” Disney Concerts licenses and produces hundreds of shows around the world, including Star Wars in Concert, Disney On Classic, Beauty And The Beast, Pixar In Concert and many more.
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Vice President of Marketing leads the vision, development, execution, assessment and evolution of all marketing initiatives for Disney Music Group artists’ roster. The position will oversee the development of creative materials, marketing strategies, and media plans for all product releases to impact sales, streaming and overall engagement with the audience. The executive will also manage the marketing creative and touring team as well as oversee the annual marketing budget. The VP must have the knowledge and ability to balance music marketing savvy with attention to detail, follow up, strong relationship building, and execution on a multiple project level.
- Work with team to determine the release, strategy, and timing of upcoming new releases.
- Partner with artists, management, and label colleagues to create, develop and implement integrated and innovative marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with Disney internal divisions on partnership marketing. (Disney Television Group, Radio Disney)
- Coordinate with DMG internal divisions to plan and execute (A&R, Radio, Sales & Digital, Publicity, International Marketing, Finance and more).
- Manage multiple projects from beginning to end and meet deadlines.
- Oversee the creation and development of key creative pieces.
- Analyze radio, sales, streaming and consumer response data to make informed marketing decisions.
- Interpret consumer research and translate into effective marketing programs.
- Continually evaluate competitors and industry trends.
- Proactively develop and grow relationships with artists, managers, agents, business partners, and other industry key players.
- Consistently find new opportunities to increase exposure for our artists and engagement with audiences.
- Actively lead, develop and inspire the artists marketing team with a focus on innovation and collaboration.
- 10+ years of marketing experience with increased responsibility and collaboration with all aspects of business – Marketing, Radio Promotion, Business Affairs, A&R, etc.
- Ability to operate and lead in a fast paced, uncertain environment.
- Proven leader in setting direction and strategy for Marketing or similar function.
- Proven ability in building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external partners.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong creative instincts.
- Understanding of social media to drive marketing agenda.
- Passionate about music.