Full TimeVice President, Marketing Strategy
Paramount Pictures | Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The iconic Paramount logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as Sunset Boulevard, The Godfather, Forrest Gump and Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, and Mission Impossible. Recent innovative break-out films such as Interstellar, Arrival and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount's film legacy. Paramount Pictures Television's 13 Reasons Why, The Alienist and Jack Reacher have also been thrilling audiences. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount's passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, which reaches 700 million global subscribers through MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and other media networks.
How would you like to facilitate and play a key role in crafting the strategy for each film’s domestic theatrical campaign? You will also communicate that strategy to partners and work closely with all marketing disciplines to drive execution forward!
- Ensures all teams are clear on strategic direction of each campaign. Works directly with marketing presidents, creative advertising, research, analytics, and others as required to identify and answer key strategic questions. Tracks strategy evolution throughout campaign and communicates to all teams to ensure alignment.
- Oversees creation and maintenance of key campaign strategy documents and presentations for updates to various internal and external groups (filmmakers, cross-company kick-offs, alignment meetings, weekly department meetings, etc.).
- Ensures marketing timeline on each title is maintained, tracks status on all initiatives, flags areas of concern, makes certain accountable teams have everything necessary to execute. Regularly meets with all teams to ensure strategy is both logical and executable as outlined. Adjusts strategy as necessary.
- Presents marketing strategy to external marketing partners and agencies (e.g. media, promo, digital, retail) to encourage on-brand executions and collaborations.
- Project manages cross-discipline integrated marketing executions as needed.
- Coordinates asset launches and other critical campaign moments with PR, digital, media, creative, and finishing teams, and communicates plan and subsequent performance to filmmakers.
- Responsible for filmmaker marketing presentations on assigned titles – timing, prep, goals, and the presentation, itself.
- Works with third-party participants, IP-holders, Licensors/internal licensing team, and similar partners. Duties include brand management, collaborative marketing executions, delivery pipelines, coordinating update meetings, and additional campaign communication.
- Talks to other internal divisions (home media, production, music, etc), communicating key marketing campaign beats and needs, as required. Ensures smooth handoff from theatrical to home media window via regular downloads.
- Aggressively generates big-picture thinking and seeks out innovative approaches to campaigns across disciplines.
- Tracks competitor campaigns, shares insights.
- Responsible for the distribution of production information to marketing teams, coordinates department screenings, and other department-wide communications pertaining to specific titles.
- Seeks, identifies and executes process and communication improvements to align the various marketing functions behind a focused strategy for our films; identify areas for improvement and work with teams to be more efficient.
- Supervises Manager of Marketing Strategy, works collaboratively with all other Strategy partners.
- Other special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum, preferably a degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Cinema-Television or related field
- 10+ years of experience in entertainment marketing, studio and/or theatrical marketing agency experience preferred
- A strong communicator, collaborator and influencer across teams
- We would like a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in a fast-paced creative environment
- Ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed organization
- A confident, engaging presenter with strong narrative/storytelling skills and creative sensibilities
- Ability to run a room of peers and executives, enthusiastically driving meetings toward actionable outcomes
- Willing to take risks, be courageous, speak up and share opinions with analytical and otherwise persuasive arguments
- Highly collaborative, proactive, resourceful, and helpful
- Meticulous attention to detail to balance different projects in various degrees of completion