Full TimeChief Marketing Officer
Forrester | Cambridge, UK
Fuel your intellectual curiosity and professional growth. Forrester is an idea company, where smart, motivated, curious people bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on ideas that change the course of business. Most of all, bring a point of view; here, every voice has value. At Forrester, you’ll work with innovative clients at emerging and established brands; these are the business and technology leaders we inspire and who inspire us. The Forrester experience is built on a singular, powerful purpose: to challenge thinking and lead change.
As a member of Forrester’s executive team, the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) will lead a worldwide marketing organization and have a unique opportunity to integrate several new brands and organizations to drive an even more powerful story in the marketplace. As with all Forrester executive team members, the CMO will be an agent of progress, innovation, and change — energetically and proactively seizing opportunities for the company.
- Lead the marketing organization to brilliantly execute across all disciplines (public relations, corporate communications, demand generation, digital marketing, product marketing, marketing operations, creatives, and customer and market insights), with specific focus on PR and brand and demand generation in the short term.
- Initiate and roll out a refreshed brand to the organization and market that tells an authentic, clear, and powerful story.
- Drive a marketing agenda that propels the company’s strategy of dominating in the age of empowered customers.
- Cultivate a strong collaboration with the chief product officer, chief sales officer, and their teams, contributing robust in-bound market and competitive intelligence data to product innovation and providing insight on best-in-class customer engagement strategies.
- Think “digital first” and partner closely with the chief business technology officer to solve problems and connect to clients digitally, including uniting several website experiences into one.
- Develop, attract, and retain top marketing talent to create a culture of high engagement, collaboration, creativity, and high performance.
- Fifteen-plus years of business/marketing leadership within world-class global organizations known for their marketing strategy and operations. The ideal candidate must have led midsize to large global marketing organizations to a high growth.
- Experience in B2B or B2B2C organizations.
- Demonstrated success in implementing leading-edge marketing practices across the full marketing portfolio with a focus on demand generation, PR, and brand. Experience with The Sirius Way is preferred.
- The ability to work closely with the Forrester CEO. The ideal candidate must be opinionated and able to defend proposals to the CEO. This relationship will be energetic but very productive.
- A proven developer of people: someone who can build strong, collaborative teams; develop successors; and keep high performers challenged.
- Experience in leading a team through disruption, change, and company acquisitions is a plus.
- Tech savvy.
- Market expert: someone who is future-oriented and has knowledge of the ever-changing market.
- Successful communicator: an individual who possesses superior written and oral communication skills and the ability to present his/her views in a clear and compelling manner.
- Exceptional intellect — a combination of mental flexibility, analytical skills, creativity, conceptual ability, and judgment: someone who deals effectively with strategic issues as well as the detailed tactical activity involved in evolving a marketing practice.
- Performance-driven: someone who has an operational approach, coupled with a bias for action and results — an energetic, agile, highly motivated executive who relishes challenges, tirelessly pursues objectives, and has an effective and energizing leadership style.
- Highly collaborative: a person who wants to win with and through others and can work as part of the senior management team as well as operate and develop a top-flight marketing organization.
- Client-first mindset and an insatiable curiosity about Forrester’s clients.