Full TimeSVP, Integrated Marketing
Zillow Group | Pasadena, CA, USA
Why Zillow, Why Now? Zillow is transforming into a customer experience brand—we’re going from people’s favorite place for home listings, to a service that will also help them buy, sell or rent a home. Where today the experience of getting in and out of a home you love is fraught with problems, confusion and frustration, tomorrow we want it to be seamless, and even enjoyable!
To succeed, marketing at Zillow is in serious growth mode: we are shifting from a more tactical function to becoming a category creator. Our role will deeply understand customers and to market to them so they can see and experience an entirely new way of home financing, buying, selling, and renting! Thereby, making a new market for Zillow’s inventive products and services.
We have reorganized our marketing function. This critical role SVP, Integrated Marketing, will be based in Seattle and will report directly into our CMO.
The individual will head up four departments within the marketing function: Product Marketing, Campaign Planning & Management, Partners & Channels and Marketing Operations. You will be responsible for managing these departments. Partnering with high profile agencies and colleagues across the business to develop on-brand integrated marketing campaigns that deliver impact for Zillow Group.
Drive business growth
- Work with the business units to build joint KPIs for customer and business success.
- Develop and deliver effective, measurable, omni-channel marketing campaigns to support our business strategy.
- Help us keep our current customers engaged, attract new customers and create a category.
- Track marketing performance and report on efficiency and ROI.
Promote and protect the brand
- Working collaboratively with the Brand Team to build awareness of the brand and increase customer dedication.
- Understand how both brand and product communications work together to drive revenue and customer loyalties.
- Work with cross-functional teams Creative Services, and Insight teams, and agencies to guarantee consistency, on-brand creative, and standard methodologies across all channels, campaigns, and markets.
- Be a storyteller who can inspirationally engage others.
Champion effective customer-focused marketing
- Stay in touch with customer needs and the latest marketing trends within the industry.
- Help our prospects and customers understand our products and services and achieve their goals.
- Work with our in and out-of-house subject matter expects to create and build content that positions us as leaders with vision.
Align our marketing departments to execute in a truly coordinated way
- Show deft people skills in managing the leaders of our various marketing departments to align them on the best way to deliver campaigns.
- Set strategy in a fluid way to align marketing around the most impactful campaigns.
- Prioritize and calendar our initiatives so we are doing our most impactful work.
- Partner with business units to ensure business plans meet expectations.
Who you are
Aggressive targets don’t scare you...
You confidently translate strategy into highly successful marketing and communications activities (and have the results to prove it). In fact, performance metrics excite you just as much as the journey from brief to award-winning campaign.
You are a modern marketer who deeply understands integrated marketing...
The breadth of your experience will impress us, spanning across paid, owned, earned, events, partnerships, front-line and diverse audiences. Working with data to prove - and disprove, you and your teams hypothesis at a rapid rate. You have built customer-experiences through a combination of digital, physical and human touchpoints.
And are passionate about putting the customer at the center of everything you do...
You love working cross-functionally to ensure everyone in the organization is a knowledgeable and passionate about the customer as you are. We help our customers at a critical time in their life, so it’s crucial you understand our customer needs and always put them first.
You are entrepreneurial...
This is your chance to join one of the most ambitious companies in the US and shape the future of home buying, selling, and renting.
Knowledge & Skills
You’re confident talking about:
- Emerging trends in marketing and communication in retail.
- Innovative ways to reach and speak to our prospects, customers, and stakeholders.
- Building a new category.
You have proven experience:
- Collaborating with – and influencing – a range of stakeholders and teams.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships.
- Juggling a variety of projects at one time.
- Getting things done strategically, quickly and well.
You are a modern marketer:
- Created customer experiences and decisions using data, Marketing Technology / Digital Agency and experimentation.
- Oversaw a 360 view of marketing communications – either on your team or cross-functionally.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Puts the customer at the heart of every decision.
- Can come up with and explain new ideas and concepts.
- Enjoys a challenge, admits when things go wrong, and learns from mistakes.
- 15+ years’ broad business experience (ideally with a combination in consumer and tech marketing).
- Planned and delivered successful, high-profile, multi-channel campaigns, above and below the line, including (but not limited to): Paid, earned and owned channels, partnerships, sponsorships, events, front-line and other diverse audiences.
- Used customer insights to shape effective marketing and communications.
- Worked with data teams and with MarTech tools / digital agencies.
- Worked with product teams to create customer-centric products.
- Managed teams, projects, and budgets.
- Worked with teams based in different locations.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in marketing or business.