Full TimeSVP of Marketing
TARGET | El Segundo, CA, USA
Brought to life in 1999 by a board-certified dermatologist, Dermstore became a wholly owned subsidiary of Target in 2013. Sharing the beloved retail brand’s commitment to an elevated and differentiated shopping experience, Dermstore is known for its unparalleled service, product expertise and uniquely scientific approach to fine cosmetic dermatology products. Today, we offer hundreds of skincare and cosmetic brands, from in-demand professional-strength formulas otherwise only available from a doctor, to exclusive spa care, salon-grade and hard-to-find niche and specialty brands from around the world. Join our team in Los Angeles (near the amazing Dermstore Facial Spa and Shop in Hermosa Beach) where we’re building the future of this innovative, trusted and growing dermatologist-backed online store.
This role will be responsible for Dermstore’s marketing efforts, with a core focus on growth and experience, with the specific goals of:
Growth - Leverage marketing as a tool to drive net new and incremental customer growth, with a strong focus on revenue and profit as outcomes Brand planning - define and establish Dermstore’s unique market position and a strategy to convey this to current and prospective customers Experience and creative - creating a best-in-class and authentic experience, which is informed by insights and data Data, technology & rapid iteration - leverage data, technology, and rapid iteration to understand which marketing investments to continue, modify or discontinue.
This role will be responsible for leading and growing the following teams in support of the above-defined goals.
Marketing (Integrated Campaigns), Brand Marketing (Content, Editorial, Social Media)Creative (in house photo, video and graphic design team)Acquisition: Paid Marketing (All paid channels including SEM, paid social, etc.)Retention: Email Marketing, Loyalty and Pro Program.
- Define short- and long-term roadmap and strategic plan for marketing; set departmental, budget and go-to-market plans.
- Own and manage the budget, forecasting, and delivery of monthly goals including spend, CPA, ROAS, Retention, and LTV
- Lead internal team and external agencies to deliver the best performance across digital channels (search, social, display, affiliates, video) and offline channels (TV, radio, OOH, direct mail).
- Own and optimize BeautyFIX (monthly subscription box), Rewards and Affiliate programs
- Serve as a bridge and ambassador to IT for marketing related technology needs
- Identify, recruit, and build world-class creative marketing teams and partnerships
- 15+ years in marketing, with a recent focus on performance or growth marketing, customer experience, and strategy (client- or agency-side)
- Experience working across the full Retail marketing funnel (customer acquisition, conversion, and engagement) and across the marketing mix including online (search, display, paid social, content, streaming) and offline (OOH, direct mail, linear video)
- Strong working knowledge of adtech and martech platforms
- Top-notch analytical skills with a proven ability to work through data to find opportunities and actionable insights that is not readily apparent and clearly communicates them to a diverse set of stakeholders in a way they will understand.
- Highly organized self-starter, with a data-driven mentality and a bias towards action.
- A strong colleague and company advocate who sets an example of professionalism within the company.
- Sought after builder of staff, and peer mentor.
- BA/BS-degree is required, MBA is a plus