Full TimeHead of Marketing
Aspyr Media, Inc. | Austin, TX, USA
Aspyr Media, Inc. got its start in Austin, TX by bringing the biggest PC gaming franchises such as Call of Duty, Sid Meier’s Civilization and Star Wars to Mac.
Today, we find the world's best games and connect them to new audiences, on all platforms. Let us handle engineering and production services. Focus on what you do best: make incredible games.
As Head of Marketing for Aspyr games you will lead setting and implementing the strategy and vision while having full budget responsibility for the earned and paid marketing of Aspyr games and Aspyr brand campaigns. You will set marketing KPI’s and work directly with business development, sales, insights, creative and production teams to achieve the successful launch through to lifetime support of our products in order to maximize business outcomes. You will lead the internal marketing and creative groups.
Reporting to the VP of Publishing, the Head of Marketing is responsible for leading the creative and marketing teams through paid and earned marketing strategy creation and execution. This includes developing plans to help establish our company and games brands, allocating resources and budgets, and setting short-term and long-term department and campaign goals. If you’re a skilled Marketing strategist, able to inspire your team members, we’d like to meet you
You are a seasoned games Marketing professional with years of experience leading marketing and creative professionals to create and execute multiplatform global games marketing and awareness campaigns for paid console and pc games. Your tool belt includes a deep rolodex of industry contacts to support our creative needs and a defined approach to marketing the industry’s best games via earned and paid media. You compliment this playbook with a natural curiosity and desire for innovation and pushing the limits of games marketing norms.
You are a devoted and energetic leader who invests time into developing your leadership and management skills. You love games and grateful for the opportunity to work in this industry you love, with the worlds biggest brands and greatest games, and with the coolest co-workers and team members.
- Oversee the strategy creation and execution of multi-year global Product Marketing Plans and internal creative, marketing and community teams
- Define the game vision, brand identity, product positioning and target player segments in collaboration with Product teams
- Prepare and manage monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for the Marketing department
- Oversee branding, positioning and pricing strategies in partnership with Sales, Creative, Production and Insights groups
- Ensure our company brand message is strong and consistent across all channels and marketing efforts (like events, email campaigns, web pages and promotional material)
- Stakeholder management, able to work with development teams to define product release requirements.
- Serve as the evangelist for your products, ensuring that the vision and strategy is translated across all communications, materials and promotions.
- Analyse and track performance of Marketing campaigns with clear KPI’s and regularly report back to the business.
- Coordinate sales and marketing efforts to maximize business outcomes
- Set, monitor and report on team goals
- Craft quarterly and annual hiring plans
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of company objectives
- Work experience as Director of Marketing, Head of Marketing, VP of Marketing, or other senior role within the video game industry
- Experience launching AAA games on PC and console on a global scale both digitally and physically
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing successful marketing campaigns
- Rolodex of creative agencies and contractors and others to help support internal teams
- Leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritize goals
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- BSc or MSc in Marketing or relevant field