Full TimeVP, Marketing Soundtracks
Disney Music Group | Burbank, CA, USA
Disney Music Group is home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing, Buena Vista Records, and Disney Concerts. The labels’ genre-spanning rosters include Queen (in North America), Sofia Carson, ZZ Ward, Breaking Benjamin, Bea Miller, Sabrina Carpenter, Joywave, Olivia Holt, morgxn, Tini Stoessel, Dreamers, DCappella, JD McCrary, Adam Hambrick, Maddie Poppe, Laine Hardy, Scarypoolparty and more. DMG also releases family music and film and television soundtracks such as the chart-topping “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “Guardians of the Galaxy” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Descendants,” “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series,” Oscar-winning “Coco” and “Moana” soundtracks, and the Oscar and Grammy-winning “Frozen” soundtrack. Recent releases include “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker,” “Frozen II,” “The Lion King,” “Captain Marvel,” “Aladdin,” “Toy Story 4,” “Jojo Rabbit,” and “Ford v Ferrari.” Upcoming titles include the Marvel Studios’ “Black Widow,” Disney and Pixar’s “Soul,” and 20th Century Studio’s “West Side Story.” DMG has a rich catalog with a lasting legacy that has impacted pop culture globally, including music from films like “Snow White,” “Pinocchio” and “Star Wars,” artists like Annette Funicello, and beloved classics like “It’s A Small World.” Disney Concerts licenses and produces hundreds of shows around the world, including Star Wars in Concert, Disney On Classic, “Beauty And The Beast,” Pixar In Concert, “A Nightmare Before Christmas,” and many more.
The Vice President of Soundtracks, Marketing will define and execute all marketing initiatives for film and TV soundtracks in the U.S. to reach company objectives. The executive will lead the U.S. soundtracks marketing team as well as oversee the annual U.S. soundtracks marketing budget. The position will spearhead the development of marketing strategies and media plans for all product soundtracks releases. This role will work closely with all studio and TV marketing leads and their respective teams. A desirable candidate will have the knowledge and ability to balance music marketing savvy with attention to detail, follow up, and execution on a multiple project level, while leading and inspiring a high-functioning team.
- Lead the U.S. Soundtracks Marketing team to develop marketing strategies for the release of upcoming new soundtracks and the creation of new IP as needed.
- Oversee the team as they partner with internal divisions to plan and execute projects (International Marketing, Sales and Digital, Media, A&R and others).
- Identify new and innovative revenue generating opportunities in close collaboration with Studio and TV marketing teams.
- Closely collaborate with the Studio, Media Networks groups and in-home teams to create, develop and implement integrated marketing plans for U.S. releases.
- Identify opportunities for synergy/LOB partnerships in the U.S. for all Studio and TV soundtracks.
- Manage multiple projects from beginning to end and meet deadlines.
- Analyze and interpret consumer research data and translate into effective marketing programs.
- Continuously evaluate competitors and industry trends.
- Analyze radio, sales, streams and consumer response data to make informed marketing decisions.
- Proactively develop and grow relationships with Studio and TV executives and other business partners.
- 10+ years of marketing experience, preferably in the entertainment industry with increased responsibility and collaboration on all aspects of business – Marketing, Promotion, Business Affairs, A&R, etc.
- Ability to operate and lead projects and teams in a fast paced, uncertain environment.
- Ability to quickly develop and build strong relationships with partners internally and externally.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong creative instincts.
- Understanding of all aspects of marketing including digital strategies, social media and advertising to drive marketing agenda.
- Passionate about music.