Full TimeVice President, Marketing
New Arena at Seattle Center | Seattle, WA, USA
We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community and business partners through world class sports and entertainment. We believe that Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, honoring the Pacific Northwest is our duty and driving the business is our responsibility.
The Vice President of Marketing is a senior member of the marketing staff for Oak View Group (OVG) and NASC. The position is responsible for the planning and implementing of the arena marketing strategy including brand, ticket sales, media buying, partnership marketing, social and digital media. The Vice President of Marketing acts as liaison and works in collaboration with OVG LA to ensure brand alignment. This position also works in lockstep with the Vice President of Marketing at NHL Seattle and Director, Seattle Center Marketing Rights. The two marketing leaders will effectively collaborate and share resources from an in-house creative agency model, managed by the Vice President of Marketing at NHL Seattle.
- Develop and oversee strategic marketing plans with the objective of attracting large scale music events, sporting events, community events and beyond.
- Build arena marketing platforms to support the promotion and ticket sales of approximately 50 NHL games, 20 WNBA games, 80 major music/entertainment events, and 25 miscellaneous events each year
- Effectively works with Executive Management Team to create meaningful brand and performance KPIs that can be tracked and reported over time
- Evaluate the impact of marketing programs in achieving their stated objectives
- Collaborate with NHL Seattle creative services team to create the NASC brand and visual identity
- Build training programs for event staff to achieve first-in-class fan experiences
- Serve as an asset to the OVG Sponsorship team on day-to-day sponsorship proposals, implementation and fulfillment.
- Develop arena marketing best practices and workflows
- Set digital strategy and collaborate with NHL Seattle digital team to build and maintain website, digital marketing, e-commerce and all social media platforms.
- Remain current on industry trends and local market insights to inform marketing strategies
- Work with OVG staff to ensure consistency and accuracy on the event settlement process
- Foster long-term relationships with key accounts while building a path to renew annual business
- Fully evaluate marketing programs and use learnings to inform future tactics
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- 7+ years’ experience in large sports and/or music entertainment venue marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or an equivalent combination of education and experience in field
- Proven ability to think strategically with a willingness to roll up sleeves and execute on projects
- Experience in relationship management including promoters, Ticketmaster and other partners
- Experience with creating successful marketing programs that focus on the fan experience
- Must be adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proven experience in successful media buying and ad campaigns
- Experience managing owned marketing channels including digital and social
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an expert ability to present and communicate new ideas and concepts
- Exceptional experience in leading, motivating and developing employees
- A high degree of personal integrity and consistently put the interests of the organization first
- Strong ability to support creative ideation to enhance brand equity while supporting company culture, values and objectives
- Must be a fierce communicator and cross-organizational collaborator
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience with marketing large-scale events in a stadium or concert setting of a similar size (18,000 seats) is highly desirable