Nital Patel is the Senior Partner of Lippincott, where he works at the intersection of business strategy and customer insights with almost two decades of experience. He works with global brands across industries on different issues such as brand architecture, portfolio, assessment, and positioning.
In this episode, Nital and I discuss agile masterbrand, a new version of brand architecture from Lippincott. They explain what it is and dive into the critical aspects of how to implement and use it in your strategy. Nital pays specific attention to the governance of your brand using this model and setting specific timing and criteria for when you merge an extension into the Masterbrand. Listen in to learn all you need to know about managing an agile brand approach.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The concept behind agile masterbrand
- Connecting new ventures
- What you need to manage an agile brand approach
- [01:26] Inspiration for a French whiskey brand
- [02:55] Nital’s journey to brand marketing
- [04:45] What is an agile masterbrand?
- [07:37] Key elements of a master brand
- [11:27] How connected should a new venture be to the master brand?
- [13:42] Managing an agile brand approach
- [18:42] Brands becoming a platform
- [21:20] An experience that defines Nital, makes him who he is today
- [23:29] Nital’s advice for his younger self
- [24:30] What marketers should be learning more about
- [25:40] The brands and organizations Nital follows
- [29:09] The biggest threat and opportunity for marketers
- Nital Patel
- Agile Masterbrand
- Examples discussed:
- Purpose meets activist shareholder with Groupe Danone
- Eadem (Skincare brand)
- REI Coop Patagonia (raincoat purchase example from Alan)
Subscribe to the podcast:
- Listen in iTunes (link: http://apple.co/2dbdAhV)
- Listen in Google Podcasts (link: http://bit.ly/2Rc2kVa)
- Listen in Spotify (link: http://spoti.fi/2mCUGnC)
Connect with the Guest:
- Nital’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nital-patel-04410a1/
- Lippincott’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/lippincottbrand
Connect with Marketing Today and Alan Hart:
Alan B. Hart is the creator and host of “Marketing Today with Alan Hart,” a weekly podcast where he interviews leading global marketing professionals and business leaders. Alan advises leading executives and marketing teams on opportunities around brand, customer experience, innovation, and growth. He has consulted with Fortune 100 companies, but he is an entrepreneur at his core, having founded or served as an executive for nine startups.