Full TimeVice President, Global Marketing
Timberland | United States
Founded in 1973, Timberland is a global outdoor lifestyle brand based in Stratham, New Hampshire, with international headquarters in Switzerland and Hong Kong. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying - and protecting - nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Timberland is a VF Corporation brand. VF is one of the world’s leading apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations, and a commitment to deliver innovative products and create long-term value for its employees, customers and shareholders.
To learn more about Timberland and share in our mission to step outside, work together and make it better, visit one of our stores, www.timberland.com or follow us @timberland
Proven leader with ability to create and manage successful global marketing strategies and initiatives, conceiving and creating new thinking and ideas that deliver excellence in marketing activities and position the brand to achieve long term growth, while meeting annual revenue and profitability goals. Leads global marketing strategy, marketing asset management, execution, brand health, demand creation and consumer engagement across channels.
You'll be a trusted member of our team reporting to the Global President and you’ll manage a team composed of Director, Global Brand Communication, Senior Director, Global Marketing and Vice President, Global Environments.
- Responsible for Brand DNA, strategy, vision, brand guidelines, marketing assets supporting desired brand experience in partnership
- Responsible for Brand CI and creative brand vision
- Manage Global brand health goals & actions
- Lead Digital marketing and how we speak to consumer minded, retail centric, and hyper digital
- Build multi-dimensional demand creation efforts that integrate transactional and experiential, weak-tie and strong-tie, and paid and earned marketing tools
- Support consumer acquisition and engagement across channels
- Drive Global GTM marketing calendar
- Drive globally consistent brand approach that incorporates opportunities for local relevancy by region.
- Unify brand and product demand creation: Must balance need for seasonal product marketing that drives sell-thru and ongoing efforts to build brand love
- Define desired brand retail & digital experience across touchpoints, including packaging, store design and visual merchandising, social media experiences, and content creation in partnership with regions
- Partner with Digital on design and execution of Social Media and Influencer Strategy
- Campaign strategy, creative briefs and global asset creation for desired consumer experiences of brand with Design and Regional Marketing leads (Global asset creation – currently in Global Creative for Vans)
- Own and manage Global agency relationships
- Own Budget management and allocation, MROI effectiveness and efficiency, investment management
- Responsible for Marketing resourcing and talent management ensuring talent arena is maximized by supporting employee professional growth and continuously reviews and succession plans to avoid gaps in key positions
- Lead global marketing team and regional Marketing leads (who have dual reporting to Regional GMs
- Thorough knowledge of quantitative and qualitative consumer research, agency research and public relations
- Demonstrated expertise at creating marketing programs with breakthrough impact and persuasiveness and branding
- Commercial mindset
- Strong brand building skills and strategy
- Proven consumer and market focus
- Proven ability to negotiate, influence and collaborate with other key decision makers in a complex matrix environment.
- Strong knowledge of media planning and execution, including social media
Competencies (to be refined later)
- Global acumen
- Coaching, mentoring, leadership
- Leading change and innovation
- Building diverse and inclusive teams with cultural sensitivity
- Authenticity and executive presence
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Master’s preferred
- Generally fifteen years or more of progressive experience with five to seven years of managerial experience