During this 198th episode of “Marketing Today,” I interview Reggie Walker, U.S. Chief Commercial Officer for Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PwC).
We discuss Walker’s background and his long career at PwC. Then Walker takes us through the digital transformation happening within PwC and the impact of technology on professional services today and in the future.
Walker shares the importance of giving employees new skills and technology to transform the way you’re running your business, which ultimately impacts client experience.
He says, “When you focus on your people, and you build the right skills within them, those are your factors of production that you can then take out and use in multiple ways.”
When providing advice for peers in other large companies, Walker advises that training employees and setting very clear expectations is essential.
As Walker reflects on the future of professional services, he remarks, “Creating more personalized experiences is really what’s starting to win the day.” Walker’s thoughts on the digital transformation within PwC can help us think about how other businesses can use technology to change the way that we work.
Highlights from this week’s “Marketing Today”:
- Reggie provides background about his 27-year career at PwC. (01:17)
- Reggie describes pivotal moments in his career. (03:47)
- Reggie tells us about his current role as Chief Commercial Officer for the U.S. at PwC. (04:37)
- What was it like to transition from his prior role to his current position? (06:10)
- Reggie explains the various components of marketing and sales at PwC. (7:10)
- Hear about the transformation initiative happening within PwC. (9:53)
- How PwC doubled down on its organization internally. (12:51)
- The vision PwC has for taking what they’ve done to create a unique client experience. (14:35)
- Reggie’s advice for peers in other companies that are working on large scale change. (16:43)
- Reggie discusses the future of professional services. (19:38)
- What are the top opportunities or challenges Reggie’s clients are bringing to him in 2020? (21:55)
- Is there an experience in his past that defines who he is today? (26:59)
- What is the advice Reggie would give to his younger self? (29:31)
- Are there any brands, companies, or causes that Reggie follows that he thinks other people should take notice of? (31:13)
- Where does he see the future of marketing? (34:00)
Connect with the Guest:
Connect with Marketing Today and Alan Hart:
Alan B. Hart is the creator and host of “Marketing Today with Alan Hart,” a weekly podcast where he interviews leading global marketing professionals and business leaders. Alan advises leading executives and marketing teams on opportunities around brand, customer experience, innovation and growth. He has consulted with Fortune 100 companies, but he is an entrepreneur at his core, having founded or served as an executive for nine startups.