The Ad Council has elected 21 new members to its board of directors, some of which are from companies joining the non-profit organization’s board for the first time including Major League Baseball, Pocket.watch, Spark Foundry and Vidmob.
The members join the organization’s chair Linda Yaccarino—chairperson, global advertising and partnerships, NBCUniversal—and vice-chairs Jacki Kelley, chief executive of Dentsu, and Diego Scotti, executive vice president and chief marketing officer of Verizon.
The new members of the Ad Council board of directors include:
- Jonathan Adashek, chief communications officer and senior vice president, marketing and communications, IBM
- Michele Barlow, brand strategy, creative, content and media executive, Bank of America
- Vanessa A. Broadhurst, executive vice president, global corporate affairs, Johnson & Johnson
- Alex Collmer, CEO, Vidmob
- Tina Davis, global chief marketing officer, Citi
- Rachel Ferdinando, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, PepsiCo Frito Lay North America
- Jim Habig, vice president, marketing, LinkedIn
- Gail Heimann, CEO, Weber Shandwick
- Lisa Ryan Howard, global head of advertising and marketing solutions, The New York Times
- Kellyn Kenny, chief marketing and growth officer, AT&T Communications
- Sarah Kramer, chief executive officer, Spark Foundry
- Tammy Levine, head of brand management and sponsorships, Wells Fargo
- Doug Martin, chief brand and disruptive growth officer, General Mills
- Stacy Martinet, vice president, marketing and communications, Adobe
- Ryan Mayward, vice president, Ad Sales, Instacart
- Richard Parkinson, chief brand officer, Prudential Financial
- Mary Ann Reilly, senior vice president, head of north america marketing, Visa
- Karin Timpone, executive vice president, chief marketing officer, Major League Baseball
- Kerry Tucker, chief marketing and franchise officer, Pocket.watch
- Bill Watkins, chief revenue officer, Pinterest
- William White, chief marketing officer, Walmart
In addition, Chris Kelly, chief executive of Upwave, joined the organization’s leadership council, which comprises a total of nine executives across media, tech, marketing and advertising whose companies activate campaigns and share key learnings, insights and capabilities to support the Ad Council’s work.
Most recently, the Ad Council’s board of directors led the industry’s response to the pandemic and launched a COVID-19 vaccine education initiative.