Lisa Stockmon is the Chief Marketing Officer at Banfield Pet Hospitals. Lisa leads the development and execution of Banfield’s innovative integrated marketing strategy, ensuring it supports the organization’s strategic vision, aligns with its purpose, and drives revenue.
In this episode, Lisa and I discuss Banfield’s recent 400% growth in social followers and a 104% increase in content interaction on Instagram. Lisa also shares curiosity’s role in successfully engaging Gen Z in her marketing strategy.
Listen to learn how to adapt to the shifting market and skyrocket your social growth.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Ways the pandemic has changed brands’ customer bases
- How to strategically leverage influencer marketing on social media
- The importance of open-mindedness and curiosity in marketing
- [01:00] Lisa’s career journey and passion project
- [07:00] Banfield’s “b here” marketing strategy
- [09:00] Reaching new demographics of pet owners
- [15:00] Strategically leveraging influencers on social media
- [17:00] Experiences that define Lisa
- [19:00] Lisa’s advice for her younger self
- [20:00] What marketers should be learning more about
- [23:00] The biggest opportunity for marketers today
- Banfield Pet Hospital
- Lisa Stockmon
- Career stops: HBO, Time Warner, Time Warner Cable, Time, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, City of Hope
- About Banfield Pet Hospital: 1000 locations, 19,000 people
- Banfield Here – #BHere Marketing Strategy
- Banfield Pet Owner Research
- Banfield After Party series (YouTube)
- March Madness Buick Commercials highlighting women athlete performances you didn’t see (AgencySpy)
- Progressive Commercials “Becoming Your Parents” –Parking, Home Improvement
Follow the podcast:
- Listen in iTunes (link: http://apple.co/2dbdAhV)
- Listen in Google Podcasts (link: http://bit.ly/2Rc2kVa)
- Listen in Spotify (link: http://spoti.fi/2mCUGnC)
Connect with the Guest:
Connect with Marketing Today and Alan Hart:
Alan B. Hart is the creator and host of “Marketing Today with Alan Hart,” a weekly podcast where he interviews leading global marketing professionals and business leaders. Alan advises leading executives and marketing teams on brand, customer experience, innovation, and growth opportunities. He has consulted with Fortune 100 companies, but he is an entrepreneur at his core, having founded or served as an executive for nine companies.