According to a survey by SodaHead, 61 percent of respondents believe the iPad will continue to maintain its grip over the tablet market compared to the Kindle Fire. 66 percent of those under the age of 45 prefer the iPad to the Kindle Fire, while 51 percent those over 45 believe the Kindle Fire is the device for them while the remaining 49 percent prefer the iPad.

The survey also suggests that the iPad is something of a luxury item, with those making over $100,000 a year preferring the iPad to the Kindle Fire by 94 percent. By contrast, those that make between $25,000 to $100,000 had only 54 percent of respondents wanting an iPad over the Kindle Fire, while those making under $25,000 prefer the iPad over the Kindle Fire at a ratio of 73 percent to 37 percent. College students hoping for iPad gifts are attributed to raising the under $25,000 market.