Here are some of the top personnel moves in entertainment, tech, and marketing last week. Our congratulations to these people taking on new challenges!
- Nancy Tellem and Jordan Levin, who together headed up the Xbox Entertainment Studios division of Microsoft, have been let go as part of the company’s latest round of cuts. Read more about it here.
- San Francisco-based Anki (maker of the Anki Drive toy/game hybrid) has hired Joby Otero, the former creative director for Activision’s Skylanders franchise, as its chief creative officer., and Craig Rechenmacher, an Electronic Arts veteran, as its chief marketing officer. Find out more here.
- Yahoo announced the appointment of Lisa Utzschneider as SVP of sales, Americas. She will report directly to Marissa Mayer, Yahoo’s CEO. Find out more here.
- Turner Broadcasting has hired a chief data executive. Stephano Kim will become senior vice president and advertising operations/chief data strategist for TBS’ advertising sales division. Kim will report to Lenny Daniels, president of Turner Sports. Find out more here.
- Tim Hincks, president of Endemol Group since 2012, has been named president of a new production joint venture created as a result of the merger between reality-TV heavyweights Endemol, Shine Group, and Core Media Group. . Find out more here.
- Fred Santarpia, the former Vevo executive who was hired by Conde Nast to help build its digital video business, is transitioning to a new role at the company. Executive vice president and chief digital officer of the company’s Conde Nast Entertainment division since 2012, Santarpia will now serve as EVP and chief digital officer of all of Conde Nast . Find out more here.
- Stacey Snider will be named co-chairman of 20th Century Fox, serving as top lieutenant to Fox chairman and CEO Jim Gianopulos. Find out more here.