When it comes to downloading apps, the average U.S. consumer manages to be rather steady when it comes to keeping traffic and interest. However, according to Flurry, these numbers are slowly on the rise, mainly due to a few avid users who have a greater use for mobile devices.

A report from Mobile World Live indicates that, according to Flurry, the number of apps downloaded in 2014 was around 8.8 per person on a monthly basis. That’s the same number reported back in 2013, and a .2 increase over 2012. (However, it’s a drop from the 8.9 reported back a year before in 2011.)

However, the report goes on to say that while 54 percent of consumers are downloading less than that, the “Install Addicts” are adding to it, averaging more than 17 apps a month on their devices. This group actually makes up a large chunk of the mobile audience, to the tune of 32 million people – 20 percent of the general customer base in the United States.

When it comes to measuring these “Addicts,” Flurry believes that 53 percent of them are female, with the other 47 percent being male. This is slightly different from the average mobile consumer spit, which slows 48 percent female and 52 percent male.

The report also broke down across different age brackets, as well as “personas,” including social enthusiasts, mothers, gamers, parenting and education.

“It is becoming clearer to us that what we call family devices (or shared devices, or hand-me-down devices) make up a good chunk of the Install Addicts audience,” said Simon Khalaf, Flurry president and CEO. “Such devices are for the mother or the father, but the children (teens) have access (and most likely passwords) to them and routinely visit the App Stores and download their new favourite app.”

A lot of the “Addicts” tend to discover apps through social channels, with people talking about them or via advertisements.

Flurry was also quick to note, “Despite the fascinating growth of app install ads, the vast majority of app downloads are still organic.” For this year, 93 percent of all app downloads fit into the organic category, a decrease of two percent compared to 2011’s 95 percent.

Could this change as the years go on and more apps are offered Possibly.