Note: These memes are intended for entertainment purposes only. Gritty is not actually Keith Weed’s replacement at Unilever. Special thanks to Carinne Urrutia for her meme-craft.
We’re closing out 2018 with 12 dank marketing memes, specially curated for the unique tastes of those discerning chief meme officers out there. Gladden your heart with such AList favorites as “Lil Brandz,” “Twitter Musk” and “Papa John + Crying Cat,” and peruse our reading list to explore the inspiration behind the memes.
May your ROI be merry and bright. Happy New Year!
#1. Much Like The Flywheel Itself, This Meme Is Not Simply A Metaphor: It’s A Way Of Life
Sometimes you gotta pivot.
#2. Because GDPR Had To Be On This List
Your newly minted Chief Data Protection Officer had a lot to do this year.
#3. If Marketing Was Romaine Lettuce, Blockchain Was The ‘E. coli’ Of 2018
Ninety-nine percent of the time—it’s not.
#4. We Should Have Made This A Video Meme
It was too good to be true.
#5. Influencers Are So Hot Right Now
Special shoutout to everyone on TikTok.
#6. How Did We Get Here? And Where Are We Going?
Navigating the whole brands-having-personalities thing.
#7. Chief “Hide The Pain” Officer
#8. What Kept You Up At Night
#9. The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
Presented without comment.
#10. You Light Up My Life
Famous among moths.
#11. Introducing Unilever’s New CMO
Gritty Keith Weed.
#12. Lil Brandz
Wonder what’s in store for us all in 2019!
- Burger King Supports Spicy Subversives In Wendy’s Twitter War
- Gartner Releases Report On CMO Skills And Agile Marketing
- CMOs Are Moving Beyond Traditional Roles But Lack Confidence, Study Finds
- On Brand: Fullscreen’s Maureen Polo On The Relevance Of Influencer Marketing
- 60 Percent Of Organizations Still Unprepared For GDPR Compliance Deadline
- Voting And Registration Becomes Cause Marketing’s Latest Trend
- Chobani Expands Wellness Theme To Fit Cause Marketing Vibe
- Brand Purpose Goes Beyond Hot Topic Issues, Accenture Reports
- PepsiCo Vows To Reduce Plastic As Part Of ‘Purposeful’ Mission
- Programmatic Explained: In-House, Transparency Trending In 2018
- Advertising Week: Joining The Social Conversation With Memes
Well, that’s it. Want to make a suggestion or issue a cease and desist order? Did we miss the perfect marketing meme mashup? Did we totally blow it?
Let us know on Twitter @alistdaily.